Independent Living Skills
Turning Point Foundation: Mental illness recovery and support services, including housing and community centers.
The Client Network: Resource referrals for any level of care, community forums & advocacy. (805) 981-4228
Transformational Liaison Program: Assistance in navigating the mental health system, providing direction and referral.
For assessment and referral: Call the VCBH STAR Team at
If you're in crisis: Call the VCBH Crisis Team at 1-866-998-2243.
Emergency: If you believe your loved one is experiencing a mental health crisis and you need the assistance of law enforcement, call 911.
Community Resources: Call 2-1-1, visit www.211ventura.org or text your zip code to 898211.
For counseling, food assistance, health care, housing, legal assistance, transportation, and much more, call 2-1-1 for help in finding the services you need, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.Community Action of Ventura County provides housing, food, employment, family, and legal services.
- Ventura County One-Stop Job & Career Centers: For information about finding work, preparing resumes and more.
- California Department of Rehabilitation, Vocational Rehabilitation Services:
- Oxnard-Ventura branch: (805) 385-2400
- Thousand Oaks branch: (805) 371-6279
- Watch Mental Health Works' “Working Through It” video
- Also see How to Talk About Mental Illness
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE WITH HEALTHCARE
- Official U.S. Government Site for Medicare
- The Medicine Program provides patient assistance with the enrollment process in drug assistance programs.
- Needymeds, a non-profit information resource helps people find assistance programs to help them afford medications and health care costs.
- The Partnership for Prescription Assistance helps qualifying patients without prescription drug coverage find public or private programs that can help them get the medication they need.
- RxAssist offers a comprehensive database of patient assistance programs, as well as practical tools, news, and articles.
- A list of drug companies that offer assistance programs: NAMI Patient Prescription Drug Assistance Programs